Guinness World Record – Most Claps In A Minute

I recently took part in a recording session of a world record attempt.  During the session I was acting as an audio expert and was tasked with judging the attempt.  The client was attempting the record for most claps in a minute.  Guinness had sent over official documentation outlining the specifications of the recording session.  The microphones had to be placed a certain distance from the clapper, and a certain distance above the floor.  There had to be two people keeping time and one with a whistle to mark the start and stop.  We needed to show a timer on screen and provide multiple camera angles as proof.  The audio files were not allowed to be doctored or edited in any way.

The studio owner and myself had to then count each transient clap within the waveform.  This took a long time to complete.  Afterwards we filled out official Guinness documentation verifying our counts and that we were qualified to judge.  The audio files and other documentation were then sent to Guinness for further verification.  The client ended up breaking the record and the official page in online HERE

Here is the video of him breaking the record:

Operetta Music Composition

This project was for a friend of mine who had written an Operetta and needed the music for it.  For this project I wrote all the music and some of the lyrics.  I wrote all musical arrangements and performed each instrument.  I also completed all the mixing, editing, and mastering.  After the film was edited I then lined up the finished music and added some sound design and effects.

I then created a Bandcamp page to host the soundtrack for the film.  I made all the music free to download so people could have it if they enjoyed it.

All music can be downloaded for free HERE

16 Candles- Jenny 867-5309

This is a song by the Chicago cover band, 16 Candles.  My role in this was that of the mixing engineer.  I did not track this recording.

The song was mixed in Pro Tools 10 using a variety of Waves and izotope plugins.  tracks were given to me already compressed to tape.  I decided to mix the song with a modern feel so newer audiences can enjoy the music.  The band also has a modern feel while playing live.

I used some reverb but mostly used delays to achieve space.  Vocals were touched up in Melodyne and the kick drum was replaced with Drumagog.

Pokemon Noir

The first episode of the Pokemon cartoon series in a film noir style.

This project was for my Recording 1 class.  Assignment was to record a radio play.  I worked in a group of three to write record and edit the play.  After the play was completed I drew some images and created the video portion.